Altis Consulting UK can provide custom training delivered at your offices or remotely via online delivery to suit the specific needs of your team.
Listen to Regional Manager, Chris Kearns talk through all of the different training options offered at Altis UK!
Power BI Dashboard in a Day (DIAD)
• This course is ideal for those new to Power BI that want to get up to speed in a single day.
• This is the same DIAD that we deliver publicly on behalf of Microsoft, however, it is delivered at your offices or remotely via online delivery.
Power BI Data Wrangling
• Are you struggling to pull together data from different sources in Power BI and transform it according to business rules?
• This course will help you wrangle data from different sources using M and DAX and will delve into Power BI data modelling, common errors and best practice.
Power BI Advanced
• For those that want to take their Power BI skills to the next level.
• Data refreshes, gateways, sharing the model, what to do where, how to structure your reports and dashboards, creating & pinning tiles & pages, testing, Row Level Security, Power BI Premium features, and more.
Power BI Group Coaching
This course will help you become more self-sufficient in diagnosing Power BI problems, help you solve those nagging problems you have not been able to figure out and allow you to learn from other people’s Power BI challenges.
Data Visualisation Best Practices 1
• It is one thing to know how to build a report or dashboard in Power BI, but it’s another to know which chart types to use under different circumstances, how to make it look good and most importantly, how to make it easy for people to consume the information.
• In our experience, most data analysts have not had any training in principles of data visualisation/presentation. Why choose a line chart over a bar chart? What is a bullet chart and when to use it? What colours should you use and where and why? These and other important questions are addressed during this course.
Data Visualisation Best Practices 2
• As per Data Visualisation Best Practices 1 plus a second day where students bring along examples of their dashboard designs for critique by the group and trainer. This gives students the opportunity to apply their learnings from day one.
• We teach the Kimball approach to dimensional modelling.
• Attendees will learn the tried and tested Kimball techniques for designing robust dimensional models to support enterprise decision making.
(minimum 1 day)
• We can customise or combine elements of any of the above that may better suit your organisational needs.
* Required field