Listen to Chris Kearns talk through all of the different training options offered at Altis!
Power BI 101
• This course is intended for those planning on using Power BI reports developed by their organisation.
• Find out how to Power Bi Ecosystem fits together and how to use the services.
Power BI Dashboard in a Day (DIAD)
• This course is ideal for those new to Power BI that want to get up to speed in a single day.
• This is the same DIAD that we deliver publicly on behalf of Microsoft, however, it can be delivered remotely to your team.
Power BI Data Wrangling
• Are you struggling to pull together data from different sources in Power BI and transform it according to business rules?
• This course will help you wrangle data from different sources using M and DAX and will delve into Power BI data modelling, common errors and best practice.
Power BI Advanced
• For those that want to take their Power BI skills to the next level.
• Data refreshes, gateways, sharing the model, what to do where, how to structure your reports and dashboards, creating & pinning tiles & pages, testing, Row Level Security, Power BI Premium features, and more.
Power BI Group Coaching
This course will help you become more self-sufficient in diagnosing Power BI problems, help you solve those nagging problems you have not been able to figure out and allow you to learn from other people’s Power BI challenges.
Data Visualisation Best Practices 1
• It is one thing to know how to build a report or dashboard in Power BI, but it’s another to know which chart types to use under different circumstances, how to make it look good and most importantly, how to make it easy for people to consume the information.
• In our experience, most data analysts have not had any training in principles of data visualisation/presentation. Why choose a line chart over a bar chart? What is a bullet chart and when to use it? What colours should you use and where and why? These and other important questions are addressed during this course.
Data Visualisation Best Practices 2
• As per Data Visualisation Best Practices 1 plus a second day where students bring along examples of their dashboard designs for critique by the group and trainer. This gives students the opportunity to apply their learnings from day one.
• We teach the Kimball approach to dimensional modelling.
• Attendees will learn the tried and tested Kimball techniques for designing robust dimensional models to support enterprise decision making.
(minimum 1 day)
• We can customise or combine elements of any of the above that may better suit your organisational needs.
219 Castlereagh St
Sydney NSW 2000
+61 2 9211 1522
65 Canberra Ave
Griffith ACT 2603
+61 2 6262 5422
45 William St
Melbourne VIC 3000
+61 3 9913 7100
152 Quay Street
Auckland, New Zealand 1010
+64 9 369 1910
6 Hays Lane, London Bridge
London SE1 2HB
+44 7704 957 438
Submit the form opposite to start the process of maximising your business performance with confidence.
* Required field